Wednesday 13 May 2009

What's in a name?

I should probably explain why I'm posting as Shepherd.

It's not some esoteric desire for anonymity. Rather more mundane actually. My best mate is getting married in August and I'm part of TBM (Team Best Man). This is an idea that should be copyrighted. Why have one best man when you can have 3?

You can check out other blogs by another TBM member at http://wd-150.blogspot.com/ and of course follow the blog of 'The Groom' at http://latetolife.blogspot.com/.

Anyway, I've known 'The Groom' for 21 years now and taught Karate to him and the other members of TBM. Good blokes, one and all. As you may notice if you check the other blogs instead of a traditional stag do we are making a short film. A creature feature if you will, called 'STAG!'. This entailed us all going camping in Rutland over the Bank Holiday weekend and filming various scenes and strapping cameras to cars with masking tape, the gadget that holds your sat nav thingy and prayer. All highly enjoyable.

And yes, beer was consumed.

I'd like to add that no sausages were harmed in the making of the film but this would be wholly untrue. In fact I'm not sure I've ever eaten as many sausages as this before.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, Shepherd. TBM all have code names. In the best traditions of English film and theatre we have Preacher, Shepherd and I can't remember the other one. I personally think we should have gone for 'Broadsword' and 'Danny Boy' but they only use two codenames in 'WED' and there are three of us. It's all very 'boys own' vintage stuff which is cool as I'm 40 but feel 109.

Preacher obviously gets to make the speech and Shepherd gets to do crowd control. Which with my temperament maybe isn't such a good idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment